Wednesday 28 June 2017

Obsessions - cartooning

Needless to say, I am a huge fan of The New Yorker cartoons in general, and Roz Chast in particular. She sets a high bar for hilarious, neurotic-themed cartooning, and I am ever aiming to reach that bar.

Incidentally, last night I dreamed that I was in a yoga-dance class with Joe Flaherty and Martin Short, the famous comedic actors from SCTV, among other things. I dreamt that I interrupted the class by telling these guys how much I adored their SCTV work, how much it shaped and influenced me as I was growing up, and then I acted out a favourite scene of the two of them in an old, "Vic Arpeggio" skit. They were very gracious and thanked me, but the rest of the class was quite annoyed with me. Dreams!

If anyone reading this remembers that old Vic Arpeggio sketch, or even knows how to find it on the interwebs, please comment below or somehow let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment